1. Where can I find the new Search Environment, LibSearch for searching hardcopy and digital collections?
- On the UB homepage there is a search field available entitled “LibSearch: VU Library and Beyond” where you can directly type in what you are looking for or click on the magnifying glass
- You can also directly log into LibSearch
Reversing and extending loans
2. I have a VUnetID or a VUmc account. How can I make reservations, extend loans and/or access information about my existing loans?
When you are in the Search Environment (see item 1), click on the button “Sign In” in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Students and VU staff can log on with their VUnetID
- VUmc staff log on with their VUmc-account
3. I do not have a VUnetID or a VUmc account. How can I make reservations, extend loans and/or access information about my existing loans?
When you are in the Search Environment (see item1), click on the button “Sign In” in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- When Signing in choose “VU Library with Library Account”
- Then choose “Set/reset password”
- In the field "User name", fill in the e-mail address that is registered at the University Library and click on "Set/reset password".
- The system will then send a message providing a link with which you can submit a password. Note: this message may be seen as spam, so check your spam folder
4. I receive an “error” notice when I want to make reservations, extend loans and/or access information about my existing loans. What should I do?
- Make sure you are in the Search Environment (see point 1) and click on the button “Sign on” (see points 2/3).
- Close the browser if necessary, and start up the whole procedure again.
- If you have a VUnetID or VUmc account and the error notification below appears, your Library Card probably needs to be activated and/or you have not made any reservations or borrowed any books since January 1, 2015
- You can activate your Library Card at the Library Service Desk on the 1st floor of the University Main Building, or at the Library Service Desk in the VU Medical Centre.
5. How do I make an ILL request?
Click on the ILL request button in LibSearch and follow the step by step instructions
6. I do not receive an email to remind me that my book is almost due to be returned.
Borrowers should receive an email two days before a book is due to be returned, reminding them to return it or extend the loan. These emails may be received in the spam folder. The emails are send from OCLC. Most email programmes have an option that ensures emails from selected senders are never sent to the spam folder.