We are responsible for all audio visual facilities in lecture rooms. In addition, we make video productions for educational purposes such as web lectures, info-clips, promotional films, recording of special events, conferences, and film impressions. We offer high end technical support and partner with you for information and advice concerning the application and technical implementation of images, video, lighting, and audio for didactic purposes.
Audiovisual centre (AVC)
More about the Audio Visual Centre
Contact and opening hours
VU Main building, room 0B-03
De Boelelaan 1105, 1081 HV Amsterdam
T (020) 59 89161
Opening hours AVC: Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17.00.
Outside of office hours and when the door of 0B-03 is closed, AVC-equipment can also be returned to Security Desk in the basement of the VU Main Building KC-04.
Reporting audio/visual malfunction
If you encounter problems with the AV-equipment in the room during a lecture or presentation, please call the FCO Service Desk at (020) 59 85777. Our colleagues are trained to solve small problems over the telephone. Otherwise, a colleague from the audio visual center will come to help you.
Reporting malfunctions outside of office hours
To report malfunctions outside of office hours, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audio and video productions
The AVC creates video productions for education at VU Amsterdam. We also record and place lectures and video tutorial online, and we record education-related events and tailor-made productions such as promotional films and animations. These services are provided on request. The AVC can record, edit and make available digital audio and video content. This can be done for regular lectures and work groups, but also colloquia, seminars and other events. The AVC uses Mediasite and Slide Cast recordings to capture video and audio. It is possible to stream meetings live via Mediasite or via social media, to connect spaces virtually (audio/video) or to organize a webinar.
Some of our products:
- Slide cast recordings (PowerPoint presentation and audio only)
- Web lectures (video image, PowerPoint and audio)
- Live stream (live event broadcast online for the public)
- Virtual room link (sending audio and video from a room to another room)
- Webinar (interactive event / seminar for online use)
The AVC also produces videos, varying from a simple video recording during a meeting to a complete film. The AVC has a professional video recording studio with 4k camera’s, multiple backgrounds (like a green screen) and autocue facilities. In addition to the studio recordings, AVC provides recordings on location on campus. Animations and special effects are also possible.
Standard type of video recordings:
- Video tutorial presentation in studio, with interactive screen and with green screen
- Impression film of an event
- Web lecture
- Video registration of promotion or oration
- Live and interactive webinar from the studio
If you would like to make use of one of these services and products, please let us know by e-mail (email@example.com) or by telephone (020-5989161) at least 3 weeks in advance. Standard products can be delivered at short notice, based on availability. Delivery of productions is always in consultation and depends on post-processing time per product. There are obviously costs involved. Standard products have a fixed price. For custom or special projects, we’ll give an estimate of the costs on forehand. In consultation, it is then decided what the desired end result is and what budget is needed.
Underlying frameworks, guidelines and documents
Our services are only provided to internal users (Faculties and Services VU). External parties cannot use our services.
View the medical videos from the AVC portfolio.
We offer audiovisual advice, design and support on request, for example for events or academic ceremonies.
For big and complex events, we closely work with the Congress and Media Center (CMC). The AVC provides professional support in theatre technology, the CMC provides the overall coordination of the congress. The av-technician is responsible for directing and creating the (audio) visual products and needed communication. In addition, he/she takes care of the technical preparation and supervision of light, sound, video, maintenance and management of the technical installations and materials, the operation of the equipment and ensures a smooth and safe course of the event.
At academic ceremonies (such as promotions and orations) we work closely with the Beadle Office. The beadle takes care of the organization. The AVC handles the audiovisual aspect, ranging from testing PowerPoint presentations with the PhD students to giving theater technical advice and the technical assistance and operation according to protocol during the ceremony.
- Operation during an event: contact the AVC (firstname.lastname@example.org or 020-5989161)
- Support during academic ceremonies: via Beadle Office (email@example.com)
- Support at big events: via CMC (firstname.lastname@example.org) or form 'Organizing an event'
Technical support is based on availability. Keep in mind the required preparation time for an event during the application process. The minimum time needed to prepare working with Beadle or CMC can be requested at the relevant department. It is advisable to involve the AVC at an early stage in the planning process. Depending on the size and complexity of the event, the application must be submitted at least 4-12 weeks before the event.
The costs of the work done by the AVC will be charged. Equipment has a daily price-unit and technical support is calculated by the hour. Rates >
Video registration events
It is possible to have an event recorded on video or to make it live as a livestream for a large audience.
- Extra mood lighting
- Mobile induction loop for the hearing impaired people
- Interpreters and interpreter booths/translation options
- Teleconferencing and Skype sessions
Underlying frameworks, guidelines and documents
Services are only provided to internal users (Faculties and Services VU). External parties cannot use our services. You are requested to contact VU Communication & Marketing: email@example.com.
Renting and support
AVC Rental Service provides the rental of audio visual equipment. We give advice and provide technical support when using AV resources in education and teaching related events.
A selection of equipment that can be rented:
- Wireless microphones (hand held, headsets and clip-on microphones)
- Video cameras
- Audio recorders
- Presentation displays
- Audio/PA equipment
- Lighting equipment
Equipment can be rented via the AVC Equipment Request form. Please keep in mind:
- State department / training, contact person, date, time and 7-digit order number
- Equipment must be reserved in advance
- Make your request at least a week in advance
- Reservations can only be made if equipment is available
- Equipment can only be rented for use on the VU campus
- Smaller equipment can only be picked up at AVC (HG-0B-03) on weekdays between 8.30 and 17.00 hrs
- Huge equipment, for example a PA set or a presentation display, is brought and installed. The rental price includes transport costs within the VU campus and installation
- Some larger equipment can only be rented including the operation and handling by an AV technician. Hourly wages are therefore also charged
- The costs for rental and support are charged. Equipment is calculated per daily price and technical support is calculated per hour. Rates >
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020-5989161.
Underlying frameworks, guidelines and documents
- AVC Portfolio
- Form Request AVC Equipment
Services and products mentioned above are only for internal users. External parties cannot use our services.
Technical service and maintenance
Our Technical Service provides audio visual equipment for events, lecture and meeting rooms.
Notifications of malfunctions go via FCO Service Desk (020-5985777)
Malfunctions and problems will be resolved as quickly as possible between 08.30 and 17.00 hours. Troubleshooting of equipment in teaching rooms is given priority over all other work. As far as lecture rooms concerned, a technician will be present on site within 10 minutes of reporting. For all other areas the response time depends on the service contract and/or availability of technicians. If a problem cannot be fixed immediately, equipment is (temporarily) replaced or an emergency solution will be provided.
The services provided by the AVC are limited to the general lecture, meeting and event rooms. Equipment in rooms ‘owned’ by third parties or equipment that has been purchased and installed by users of these rooms, is only managed by AVC if this is documented in a signed Service Level Agreement (SLA). This also applies to the maintenance of equipment.
Delivery audiovisual equipment lecture and meeting rooms
We provide advice on the purchase of equipment, such as presentation screens, bring your own device sets, projectors and narrowcasting systems. AVC Service and Maintenance contracts can be signed so that you don’t ever have to worry about the proper functioning of the equipment. During the whole process, from design to installation and maintenance, the AVC is there for advice, support and assistance.
Manuals audio-visual aids
- Handleiding Slidecast / Manual Slidecast recording
- Handleiding collegezalen
- Handleiding werkgroepzalen
- Handleiding Auditorium
- Handleiding Aula
- Handleiding beeld uitbreiden (Windows toets + P) of dupliceren
- Handleiding powerpoint op presentermode
- Windows toetsencombinaties
- Handleiding Draadloos presenteren
- Handleiding inloggen Skype for Business op auto login onderwijs pc