- ACCR Amsterdam Center for Career Research (ACCR) is a large-scale research project on career determinants. Career determinants are individual factors, such as personality, learning style and behaviour, and situational factors.
- Centre for International Cooperation (CIS) makes knowledge, experience and expertise accessible to institutions and individuals in developing countries and countries in transition, and by doing so, contributes to national development processes in those countries.
- Amsterdam Center on Aging (ACA) is a working group on research and education in gerontology and geriatrics.
- EXPres , the center of expertise of the faculty of Human Movement Sciences, focuses on rehabilitation, ergonomics and sports.
- The Historical Documentation Centre for Dutch Protestantism (HDC) focuses on the history of Protestantism in the Netherlands from 1800 to the present day.
- The research center on Obesity Prevention in Zwolle (OPOZ) focuses on overweight prevention in the age group 0 - 19 years old.
- The Radionuclide Centre (RNC) performs scientific research with radioactive material. The RNC has facilities for all kinds of chemical, biological and medical research with Radionuclides at Type-2-level.
- The Center for Entrepreneurship @ Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (CfE@VU) researches entrepreneurship in relation to innovation, ethnicity, governance, corporate sustainability, regional development, international commerce, science and technology, and culture and values.
- The Zijlstra Center provides a contribution to the improvement of the management of governments and civil society organisations, by academic shaping and research.