IT For Employees and Students (VUnet)
IT services for Employees (VUnet) and Students (VUnet) are available via the Products and Services Catalogue for Employees and Students respectively. In addition, the following information is available on VUnet concerning services we provide:
- IT application forms (VUnet) - For requesting IT products and services
- IT user manuals (VUnet) - One page with all IT user manuals listed together
- Self-service Portal (TOPdesk, login using VUnetID) - In this portal you can track the status of your IT requests and applications and you can see what IT equipment is linked to your acount.
IT for Visitors and External organisations housed on the campus
Selected IT facilities are also available for visitors, guests, and for external organizations housed on the campus.
Visitors to the VU (without a declaration of hospitality and a valid VUnetID) can make use of:
- Eduroam - accessible only to visitors from institutions of education affiliated with Eduroam
- Draadloos internet - upon request, sponsored by a student organisation or a VU employee
- Multifunctionals - scanning and copying only,not printing
Organizations are reckoned to be external if they rely for 50% or more of their costs on (commercial) income sources outside of the university, or if they meet one or more of the following conditions.
- The organization is not included in the annual financial statement of the Vrije Universiteit nor receives regular financing by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OC&W).
- The organization is larger than 25 FTE.
- The organization’s network is not run by the Vrije Universiteit’s system administration.
External organizations can make use of the data network and fixed-line telephone:
An external organization can apply for an internet connection by email to the IT service desk. Please include the name of your organization/company, your location on the VU campus, your contact information, the number of connections required, the number of IP addresses desired, and billing information such as your bank account. Upon receipt of your application you will be contacted by the Service Delivery Manager for a meeting, and a delivery date will be set.
Costs and Billing
The monthly costs per connection is determined annually. Costs are inclusive of VAT, (system) administration and support by the IT Service Desk, and will be billed by quarter until contract expiry.
Netwerk connections are provided persuant to the conditions listed in the service agreement.
Connecting active netwerk components such as a hub or a switch, or sharing of the network connection via private wireless equipment, is not permitted, nor is it permitted to resell to or share connectivity with third parties.
Internet connections are subscribed for a minimum of one year. Subsequent termination requires one month notice. Intermediate fluctuations in the number of connections subscribed are processed in the quarterly billing.
External employees or guests with a valid declaration of hospitality can apply for fixed-line telephone on the VU campus of one or the following locations:
- Cultuurcentrum Griffioen
- Sportcentrum VU
You can apply for fixed-line telephone by email to the IT service desk. Please include the name of your organization/company, your location on the VU campus, your contact information, the number of telephones and telephone numbers required, and billing information such as your bank account. Upon receipt of your application you will be contacted by the Service Delivery Manager for a meeting, and a delivery date will be set.
If you as an organization want to make use of our services, please contact the IT service desk.
Our service desk can be reached workdays from 07:30-17.00
Telephone – 020 5980000 / +31 20 5980000
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Service desk locations are opened workdays from 09:00 to 17:00
You are cordially welcome at:
• Central desk main building 0A-11
• W&N building desk M0-20