Some examples of the advantages of digital lectures:
- At several universities in the Netherlands, the success rate of students has increased significantly, from 50 to 70%, thanks to video lectures (Slagingspercentage ‘moeilijke vakken’ stijgt fors dankzij webcolleges - Tilburg University, juni 2010).
- More documentation is to be found on the Zotero website https://www.zotero.org/groups/nap_oase/items
- Echo 360 published Capturing Student Perspectives About Lecture Recordings (PDF), on the use of video lectures in the US. Some of their conclusions are:
- Lecture capture is broadly used by students when given the option to do so.
- Lecture capture has a direct, positive impact on student comprehension and understanding, regardless of their course of study or enrollment status.
- Students view lecture capture as a very important course resource more often than any other technology or tool.
- See Screencast Tutorials Enhance Student Learning of Statistics (Teaching of Psychology, January 2012, vol. 39, nr. 1).