Postdoc and Lecturer in Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship
Voor 0.8 fte
VU onderdeel: Extern
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is a leading, innovative and growing university that is at the heart of society and actively contributes to new developments in teaching and research. Our university has ten faculties which span a wide range of disciplines, as well as several institutes, foundations, research centers, and support services. Its campus is located in the fastest-growing economic region in the Netherlands (the Zuidas district of Amsterdam), and provides work for over 4,500 staff and scientific education for more than 23,000 students.
Athena Institute, Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences
The position is offered within the Athena Institute, Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences. The institute’s mission is to study and design interfaces between science and society to contribute both to a deeper understanding of innovation processes as well as a responsible implementation of research and innovation in society. Athena’s research program amongst other focuses on analysing complex global health challenges, designing interventions and conducting participatory monitoring and evaluation research. The section presently has a position vacant for a Postdoc/Lecturer.
We offer the position of Postdoc/Lecturer (combining research and teaching) on organisation and management in the field of Health and Life sciences. You study innovation processes in organizations and networks of organizations that together form healthcare networks. Acquisition is an important part of your work.
You contribute to teaching in courses and programs coordinated by the Athena Institute on a variety of subjects such as management in health care organizations, entrepreneurship in life sciences and health, and health policy and management. The language of instruction is English.
• have a PhD degree, preferably in the field of innovation studies, health care management, social entrepreneurship or other discipline(s) that shows an integrated natural sciences and social sciences background;
• have research experience in the cross-cutting approach of science and innovation studies, and abilities to simultaneously deploy paradigms from both humanities and science;
• have expertise in interactive and participatory research methods and you are open to transdisciplinary research work;
• have published in refereed international journals or books;
• have potential for, or experience with, obtaining research grants;
• hold a network of relevant international contacts;
• write and speak Dutch and English fluently;
• are a team player;
• have excellent teaching skills and you are an engaged and inspiring lecturer, as proven by student-evaluations;
• have a basic qualification in teaching for Dutch universities ('BKO');
• have previous experience with problem-based teaching methods;
• are very well capable to supervise a theoretical thesis, projects and internships (for example, you received positive evaluations from students).
The appointment will initially be for a period of one year with a possible extension conditional upon assessment of adequate functioning. There are possibilities to start a tenure track when functioning is excellent. You can find information about our fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl, like
• remuneration of 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
• solid pension scheme (ABP);
• discounts on collective insurances (health care and car insurance);
• generous contribution (65%) commuting allowance based on public transport.
• participation in Individual Choices model;
• 't Olifantje provides professional childcare on the VU campus;
• a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience and qualifications, range from a minimum of € 3.193,- gross per month (salary scale 10.5) up to a maximum of € 4.691,- gross per month (salary scale 11.11) based on fulltime employment.
Note: scale 11 is only accessible for candidates with BKO qualification and sufficient scientific publications and research.
Information and application
For information please contact dr. Marjolein Zweekhorst, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone:
+31 (0)20-5987031. For more information about the Athena Institute visit our website: http://www.falw.vu.nl/nl/onderzoek/athena-institute
Applicants are requested to write a letter in which they describe their abilities and motivation, accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae. Written applications should be sent by e-mail before: January 26, 2017 to: email@example.com
Please mention the vacancy number in the subject and at the top of your letter. The mail should be addressed to Mrs. dr. M.B.M. Zweekhorst.
The job is located at
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences
De Boelelaan 1085
1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.